Indiana family law does recognize the ability of a biological grandparent to seek court-ordered visitation with a grandchild in certain situations. Grandparents may seek visitation if the child’s parent is deceased, the marriage of child’s parents has ended in divorce or the child was born out of wedlock, but paternity has been established. The best interests of the child are paramount, and each case is unique.