Wanzer Edwards News

We Want Prenup!

In 1920, the average woman would be married at 21 and men at 24. However, today's national average has increased to slightly below 28 for women and almost 30 for men. Waiting until nearly 30 for marriage means that both partners may be coming into the marriage with a significant work history and their own assets and debts. Marrying very young usually means that both bride and groom are starting out with nothing and both working to build a life together. But family businesses and expected inheritances can put a damper on even the most innocent of unions. Enter the premarital or prenuptial (sometimes also called an antenuptial) agreement.

2021-04-29T16:47:35-04:00October 1st, 2021|Premarital Agreements, Wanzer Edwards News|

Simple Tips for Managing Your Divorce

When family law clients are facing a divorce, they frequently feel overwhelmed and as though things are happening outside of their control. Especially concerning can be the fear of large attorney fees. How can a new client help to take charge of representation and manage expenses? Here are our top six tips to help!

2021-04-29T16:46:00-04:00September 1st, 2021|Divorce, Wanzer Edwards News|

Pitfalls of the Do-It-Yourself Divorce

Hiring an attorney can feel like an expensive endeavor. Many couples take advantage of the self-service forms available online to avoid what they see as the unnecessary expense of legal help. While this may work for some, the “check the box” forms cannot possibly fit all possible situations and may result in heartache, headache, and more expense later.

2021-04-27T14:28:48-04:00August 1st, 2021|Divorce, Wanzer Edwards News|

Only a Judge can Judge You . . . Not Your Parenting Coordinator

Frequently, the Parenting Coordinators (“PCs”) of Wanzer Edwards are asked to help parents participating in the parenting coordination process to enforce court orders, or to punish the other parent for failing to follow the order. While we sympathize with parents in those situations who may be at their wits-end, a PC does not have the authority to enforce a court order.

2021-04-27T14:26:44-04:00July 1st, 2021|Parenting Coordination, Wanzer Edwards News|